The Action Movie Edition. . .
- The importance of a good Russian Villian is not to be underestimated.
- All villians drive a black Mercedes Benz.
- After having serious discussion about a sensible 4 door saloon car for the good guy to drive (also in black, because hello?!) there is only the Audi or the BMW. Preferably an A8 or a 7 series respectively. Really there are no other options. Mr. Spit and I had an exhaustive discussion over dinner. (No, the good guy doesn’t drive North American. I’m sorry, I realize that I will make myself profoundly unpopular, but North American cars are crap. They go fast in a straight line. Blech. Also he could drive a merc, but see point 2. . .
- Why yes, the good guy could drive a sports car (but only an Aston Martin or a Lamborghini). Bad guys drive Ferrari’s, or for some utterly obscure reason, corvette’s. I suppose the corvettes could make the entire car explosion thing a bit easier. Also see point 3. . .
- I am waiting for the good guy who drives an Alfa Romeo. Please, Jason Statham without a shirt on, driving an Alfa Romeo. I think I could die a happy woman.
Also, yes – I watched Snatch and Transporter 1-3. Snatch was absolutely terrible, except for the end part, with the dog. That part was great. Transporter was absolutely spectacular, except when they tried to do the romantic bits. Those bits went a bit wobbly. Possibly also, I have picked up a fair bit of information on cars from watching Top Gear.