And wait. . . yes, let me check, yep. Monday Miscellany on Monday! Look at that!
- I made soy egg nog last night. It was not bad. Not quite as good as the store stuff, but it won’t make my face break out either, so I’ll take it. Now, if I can just get the espresso maker I ordered (it was an award from work) I might even be able to have an egg nog latte without penciling in the acne on my calendar 3 days later.
- Toby, Mr. Spit and I made it through a 12 hour glucose curve. He’s even still talking to me. At the end of it, I was getting pretty adept at getting blood from his ears. His ears were getting pretty sore though.
- I got a Christmas knitting project finished (No, I can’t show you because it’s a Christmas present) I also got a harry potter hat and most of the collar on a sweater. I can and will show you both of these because the people I knitted them for don’t read the blog. My hands really hurt and I am fed up with the sweater.
- On the sweater, you know, the Gloucester coat I have been knitting for 5 million years and doesn’t fit me? Well, it will fit my mother. Guess what she is getting for Christmas?
- I have a pair of socks, another hat, 2 pairs of mittens and a baby sweater to knit for Christmas still. This is not bad, given that it’s not yet the end of November. Oh, and I have about another 5 inches of the wretched collar for the Gloucester coat to knit. I swear, completely aside from the fact that it’s too large, I am happy to give it up for Christmas because I am utterly sick of the darn thing. I suspect the feeling might be mutual.
- I still have to buy stocking stuffers. Why are men so hard to buy stocking stuffers for? Do you have any ideas?